After the tragic loss of our daughter Amanda from carbon monoxide poisoning, we have been compelled to create the Amanda Hansen Foundation (AHF).
Our goals are simple:
- To create the resources to supply the public with CO detectors who could not otherwise afford them.
- To educate, as to the real and imminent dangers of CO poisoning, its causes, and it’s prevention through the proper use of detectors, and proper installation/maintenance of household appliances.
- Work hand in hand with local and national organizations to future educate and promote awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide.
- To enact local as well as national legislation to mandate that all buildings, both private and public, be equipped with CO detectors, without exception.
- Finally, to ensure that the memory of Amanda will be forever kept alive through the lives of others that by her sacrifice were able to avoid the same needless tragedy.
Mr. and Mrs. Ken Hansen
[A 501(c) organization, also known colloquially as a 501(c), is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization in the United States. Section 501(c) of the United States Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. § 501(c)) provides that 29 types of nonprofit organizations are exempt from some federal income taxes.]