Share |


On February 27th 1992, my wife and I experienced the most amazing feeling we could have ever imagined, the birth of our daughter Amanda. It was love that was stronger than anything that we had ever felt before. Through the years as Amanda grew, we enjoyed every second, being involved with her school, sports and friends. Amanda was our life, and she always knew how to make us smile. As Amanda grew older our bond grew stronger each day, and there was nothing we wouldn't do for her.

On January 17th 2009 our life as we knew it came to an end. We received a phone call at 8:30 that morning telling us that Amanda was sick, so my wife and I went to pick her up from a friend’s house. Upon arrival, we saw many emergency vehicles around the house. We didn't know what was going on until we pulled up behind the ambulance and saw that they were performing CPR on Amanda. It's an image I still can't get out of my head and haunts me every night when I try to close my eyes. Prior to that night, Amanda had such a busy week with school, work and other events. She asked us if would be okay if she slept over at her friend's house and of course we agreed, feeling she had earned it. In retrospect, the worst decision we ever made! When we arrived at Mercy Hospital we were told what had happened at the house, and then they explained that Amanda had suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning, and could not be saved. continued...

Donations can also be made to the Amanda Hansen Foundation's gofundme account. Click Here to donate.

Painting with a Twist - Open Class - Amanda Hansen Foundation PWAP
In our ongoing mission to support local 501C3 organizations, Painting with a Twist is proud to hold it's inaugural Painting with a Purpose class at the Southgate Plaza in Support of the Amanda Hansen Foundation. The organization's goal is to create the resources to supply the public with CO detectors who could not otherwise afford them - in memory and honor of Amanda Hansen.
Click Here to Buy Tickets and for more information.

Amanda Hansen Foundation Survey

The Amanda Hansen Foundation is partnering with Assembly member Michael P. Kearns in gathering information. Also, his office will be assisting the foundation in fielding and answering questions about the surveys.
(This information is needed to assist the Amanda Hansen Foundation in giving away FREE furnaces and CO detectors to those in need).

Click Here to print out .pdf survey and mail back too:
Amanda Hansen Foundation
17 Park Meadow Drive
West Seneca, NY 14224

Briscoe Co-Sponsors Non Profit Conference and Honors Amanda Hansen's Parents
(Amanda'a Law)
- Click here for more

Alarm Recall - This recall involves Kidde residential smoke alarm model i12010S with manufacture dates between December 18, 2013 and May 13, 2014, combination smoke/CO alarm il2010SCO with manufacture dates between December 30, 2013 and May 13, 2014, and combination smoke/CO alarm model KN-COSM-IBA with manufacture date between October 22, 2013 and May 13, 2014. They are hard-wired into a home’s electric power. The il2010S and il2010SCO come with sealed 10 year batteries inside. The KN-COSM-IBA model has a compartment on the front for installation of replaceable AA backup batteries. The alarms are white, round and measure about 5 to 6 inches in diameter. Kidde is engraved on the front of the alarm. Kidde, the model number and manufacture dates are printed on a label on the back of the alarm. “Always On” is also engraved on the front of alarms with sealed 10-year batteries.
Click Here for the WIVB news story

Carbon Monoxide Detectors In Public Places - click here for the WKBW news story

Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Amanda Hansen Foundation Inc whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.

Click here to go to AmazonSmile

Click Here to view our "Thank You to our Sponsor's"


After the tragic loss of our only daughter Amanda from carbon monoxide poisoning, we have been compelled to create the Amanda Hansen Foundation.

Our goals are simple: Click Here

Our Mission
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless and toxic gas. Because it is impossible to see, taste or smell the toxic fumes, CO can kill you before you are aware it is in your home. At lower levels of exposure, CO causes mild effects that are often mistaken for the flu. These symptoms include headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea and fatigue. Click here for links to more...
Amanda's Law

Effective February 22, 2010, a new law went into effect in New York to help protect families from the #1 cause of accidental poisoning deaths in the US, carbon monoxide (CO).

The new law requires the following:

•CO Alarms must be installed in ALL NEW AND EXISTING one and two-family dwellings, multifamily dwellings and rentals having any fuel-burning appliance, system or attached garage.

•The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recommends CO Alarms be installed in a central location outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home.

•To comply with the law, CO alarms must be listed to comply with UL (Underwriters Laboratories) 2034 or CSA (Canadian Standards Association) 6.19 and installed in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.

•CO Alarms should be replaced every five (5) years in order to benefit from the latest technology and upgrades. Also the Carbon Monoxide sensors inside the alarm unit can wear out over time.
How many CO Alarms should I have in my home to best protect my family?

# of Levels X # of bedrooms = (# of Alarms you should have)Example: A two story home with a basement and three bedrooms should have six (6) CO Alarms.

For the text of Amanda's Law, please see

If you cannot afford to make a donation contact us for information on how you can get a CO detector.

© 2015 Amanda Hansen Foundation
Any unauthorized duplication or reproduction is prohibited by law.
Web Site Design & Development by, Inc. Buffalo, NY
Mail Donations:
Amanda Hansen Foundation
17 Park Meadow Drive
West Seneca, NY 14224